Friday, May 30, 2014

Yep! I'm a risk taker.



Buying puzzles at yard sales, yep I'm a risk taker!



I stopped by a yard sale a while back and they had a whole stack of puzzles for 25¢ each. Now I love a good yard sale and thrift stores are just about my favorite places on earth but always said I would never buy an open puzzle at a yard sale or a thrift store. Can you imagine if you put the whole puzzle together and were missing like 1 or 2 pieces?

I also love puzzles but have you priced them lately? It is crazy how much a puzzle costs even at Walmart. So I evaluated the situation.

It was an old lady having the yard sale. A sweet little old grandma looking lady. Surely she wouldn't cheat me by selling me a puzzle that didn't have all the pieces.

I also have two kids who know how to count. They could make sure each 500 piece puzzle had all 500 pieces before we do the puzzles. And if you think they would be game for that you’re as crazy as I am.

But, I decided the benefits outweighed the risk!

Yep $1 for four puzzles that may or may not have all the pieces. I am a mad woman! Risk taking is my middle name. Somebody better hold me back! Why tomorrow I might even go play Bingo! 



Shell

No comments:

Post a Comment